iPod One

President Bush has an iPod? I wonder what's on it. iPod One, as it is dubbed... has no black artists, no gay artists, no world music, only one woman, and no genre less than 25 years old— not even The Beatles. Looks like this "mirror to the soul" is reflecting in a silo.

Meanwhile, I am anticipating the release of Backpack so that I can finally send reminders to myself through mobile devices. It seems as of late, people are finally getting with the program and creating apps that people actually want to use. (Be careful, competition is on it's way...And others are stumbling onto new uses for apps that weren't even considered... Take this guy for example, who combined the newly released Google Maps with craigslist listings. Beautiful. Not that I'm counting, but there's 16 days until I can have Tiger- as if I haven't been chomping at the bit for months. Oh, the marketing ploys we endure...

Speaking of marketing, there's a forward thinking article by Steve Rubel on Tagvertising that is a future opportunity for companies wanting to jump ahead of the competition. And as if one could not say it enough, much like the MTV bling bling short - people are finally realizing the over- and mis-use of the word Brand. It's a buzzword that I don't appreciate ignorami using, and usually get a slight twitch when I hear it at Starbucks.

For all you print designers, Sheriar Press has put together a PDF of standard folding diagrams, good as a reference for measurement (especially for beginners) but not quite as quick as the templates on Designer's Toolbox.

Side Note: If you're between naps at work and you'd like your mind messes with slightly, visit setaki for an interesting take on a catalog site.